Monday, September 23, 2013

Hide & Go Seek in a Graveyard

This was the night we went to an awesome pub called “Gravediggers. It is a pub located right next to the largest graveyard in Dublin called Glasnevin Cemetery. This was the same night that we drank A LOT. Now, I was not a fan of beer prior to visiting the U.K. Since then, however, I have acquired the taste. That night I tried Guinness and Heineken. If you have ever tried these beers in the U.S., do not, I repeat, do not drink them ever again! The quality of these beers in the U.S. is NOTHING compared to those in the U.K. 
That being said, after drinking many of these high quality beers, we decided to head home. Home, of course, was only on the other side of the graveyard, which required us to walk alongside it. The graveyard, like most graveyards, was dark and filled with dead people. Typically, people like to avoid walking through graveyards at 3 a.m. HOWEVER, when you have been drinking for several hours, your judgment is weakened and you make some poor decisions. My friend decided it would be a great idea to play hide-and-go-seek in the graveyard. Much to my fear and objection, my friend convinced me to go in with her. We were basically running into darkness, hiding behind tombstones, and rolling around in grass. One of our friends even tried “planking” on a tombstone. Once we made it to the end of the graveyard, we discovered that we had to hop a giant, spiky
So much fun! 
No idea how I climbed that. 
fence. To this day, I still don't know how I managed to climb the fence without breaking my neck. But, I survived! When we finally managed to stumble our way back home, my friend realized she had lost her iPhone. We immediately grabbed the nearest flashlight and headed right back to the graveyard. We had to trace our exact steps. The tombstones, the dark walkways, and even the massive grass area where we fell. By some miracle, our friend managed to spot my friend’s phone in the grass. After it’s retrieval, we immediately checked the photos to see if any ghosts my have taken some pictures. No such luck.





4 comments:

  1. That's amazing. I too have had to retrace a friend's intoxicated stumblings to retrieve a lost phone in a graveyard (it's more common that you'd think). This could be the start of a grand tradition for you, or even another blog! You could play hide-and-seek (hopefully not always after you've drunk so many beers) in graveyards around the world and vlog the whole thing. Be careful, and watch out for zombies, ghosts, and especially the 5-O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like something out of a movie, but without all the crazy stuff that could of happened. I like how you mentioned the difference of the beers between the U.S. and the U.K. I would have never of thought that but it's nice to know now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you mentioned the difference of the beers between the US and the UK, but I seldom drink beer. I can’t tell the differences between a good beer and a bad beer. I would never go through the graveyard at midnight. It must have been an impressive experience for you. I’m glad that no ghosts were in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this story and it makes me want to play hide and seek in a graveyard asap... I admire the ambition and gumption you had to run around in a graveyard at 3am. Dublin sounds like so much fun and I'm sure it was beautiful. Also I remember when I first started to like beer, it is an acquired taste, so I can relate to that.

    ReplyDelete